Monday, April 25, 2005

Where's Raffi?

Well actually, I have done a few logs, but on the old repat log pages. I think I covered a lot of the interesting stuff going on this past week in Yerevan there. There's a few pictures of April 24 and all, so go check that out. I don't know if logging there was a fluke, or if I'll continue (and what that would mean for this log). I do like the idea of simply photologging there at least... especially with this tiny new camera that I always have in my pocket.

All the events have kept me pretty busy. Now I have 1.5 weeks of work to go... that's it! It will be over before I blink. Of course my post work trip to Tblisi is off, due to the Tblisi curse I have. Meanwhile, the land hunt question remains high on the agenda... the one I was quite excited about seems to be a no-go, thanks to some last minute changes in the deal (read less land, but even more money) at the last minute by the sellers. There is a nicer parcel, but much smaller and more expensive which I'm considering. The unfortunate thing is that a bunch of friends couldn't buy adjacent like we had planned on the previous huge plot...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Mankerian said...

Hey Raffi,

Hastzeh oonees that I can send you copies of the special Genocide commemoration issue of the paper?

Hope all is well ... looks like the LA paper stopped running the blogs, I guess you got to them :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger RK said...

Hi Jenny - the mail here works strangely since they never leave it in mailboxes, it makes receiving it a bit of a pain... so I think it's better to pass on your offer. Thanks though.

I actually never decided what I thought of the LA papers activity, and then I kind of forgot about it. So I don't know what exactly happened, maybe they found the comments on this log?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jenny Mankerian said...

It's doubtful. The editor is a friend of mine. I'm sure he'll be apt to at least contacting you to ask for permission. Whether you grant it, that's a different story.

So ... was the pile of flowers about 6 feet high? :)

12:02 AM  
Blogger RK said...

It was massive - as Der Hova's pics illustrated on the repat logs...

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home